Every New Year is a blessing and I am glad that I have lived to see the start of yet another one. I may not be alive when it ends but I hope that every day of this New Year will be full of happiness, joy and laughter. That’s what I wish for all my friends (and even the unfriendly ones) who visit my site regularly.
Hello Nana, I suppose you want to be seen as a gallant fighter, unwilling to give up until the last breath. I don’t think you support ‘Phobia’ but I am sure that, at least for now, your motto is “never say die until the bones are rotten.” That’s why you want the nation to keep sitting on tenterhooks even into the New Year as we anxiously wait to see who our next president will be. But do you really think you stand a chance?
The NPP is grabbing at straws. The mighty have truly fallen and now all they can do is put up spurious challenges and do all they can to throw doubts in the minds of the electorate. But the fact remains that in the next few hours the EC should officially declare John Atta Mills as the successor to John Kufuor.
If the nation wasn’t so tired of the politics, the 21 days leading up to the presidential run-off would have been the most exciting part of the campaign season. The propaganda has been acrimoniously intense and the politicians have been at their silliest. The accusations and counter-accusations have been petty and baseless – at best! None of it got to me. But it all points to a very high level of desperation in both camps.
I was so delighted when I heard Kojo was going to stage a concert this year. But I was almost disappointed when I heard where he was planning to stage it.
Sometimes I get the impression that the guys at the National Security Council (or whatever they call themselves) – I mean Dr. Sam Amo and his people – think this nation is occupied by 22 million mindless creatures. I don’t understand why they think they can take any decision, use “national security” as an excuse and expect us not to ask questions. It really baffles me.
For those of you who haven’t seen it, find below the so-called ‘hit list’ purportedly drawn up by the NDC. It makes very interesting reading.
It is crucial for us to intensify the MILLS campaign in order that "MARSH SIGNALS" are not picked up by the NPP and most especially by Fifi, John and the likes of Haruna, Hannah, Jamal, Alex, Anyidoho and Victor – ex boy.
MARSH OPS 1
(1) Create every opportunity for chaos in the days before "MARSH DAY"
(2) Maximum security focus will be at polling stations on "MARSH DAY". Create diversionary situations away from the polling stations and ensure electronic media pick them up on air. Back them up with strong phone-ins and text messages.
(3) Kite Centre will do text blasts to phone subscribers nationwide. Contents will be frightening, thereby creating an atmosphere of pandemonium.
MARSH OPS 2
"MARSH ARROWS" should be directed at list below outside polling areas. Should look strictly like an Akufo-Addo attack on the Kufuor camp in order to break the NPP’s ranks. The source "MARSH ARROWS" should be legitimized in the eyes of the public and international community by launching arrows on names of our own on this list and the one passed on to you by "DON 1". The level of casualty on our own will depend on what their offence is. Example are those who attacked Nana and myself on Fifi’s behalf. Others are those who made money under our watch and have refused to support the party. Hear ex-boy on Joy FM last week. Nunoo -Mensah flirts with NPP and cannot be trusted. Why on earth should our own Sam Korankye Ankrah collect Kufuor’s award? Results of ops should vary from threats to broken anatomy to outright wasting. Period should be from "MARSH DAY" till a month after the elections.
We gave birth to the NDC and made them all what they are today after a hard won revolution, at a time when these cowards were hiding under their beds. Today, they want to take over our asset, reaping heavily where they have sown little or nothing. With respect to Fifi, the least said about him the better. Akufo-Addo is far better candidate in terms of public appeal. He is charismatic, fluent, healthier, politically up to scratch, streetwise, globally accepted and has a better message. We also have a problem with the floating voters and Spio would have been the right choice. This is why I said the NDC is not ready to take power. Hear what Kufuor is saying about Fifi’s health. This kind of enterprise requires a very healthy person in the eyes of the public and we all know that our man is not. Are we waiting for him to drop dead in November? John Mahama may have an appreciable level of public appeal but not what can translate to votes. He is not frontline leadership material. The man worked under me and I know him. I have been in politics for quite sometime now and have stood twice for elections and won. I have been Head of State of this nation for about two decades and privy to what most of you are not privy to, so when I speak, the NDC should listen. The NPP people are very smart so we should not take any chances.
As for the GA people, they exposed all our land dealings with them to Kufuor. Now they want to use us to blackmail Kufuor. They can go to hell. After all, the majority of occupants of Greater Accra are Akans and other tribes, not Gas.
All ops, foreign and local on the ground are ready. This ops must be executed with the sharpest precision to accord it the credibility it requires. Keep track of your shadows and beware of the Army and Police who seem to have developed some stupid love for this government, thereby making it difficult to break their ranks. Kufuor and his brother Addo-Kufuor have cocooned them. God help us.
“Natty trash it ina Zimbabwe
Mash it up ina Zimbabwe
Set it up ina Zimbabwe
Africans a liberate Zimbabwe
Africans a liberate Zimbabwe
Natty dub it ina Zimbabwe
Set it up ina Zimbabwe
Africans a liberate Zimbabwe”
For the past two years I have been dishing out the SOGO (Senselessness of Ghanaian Origin) Awards. Often, I sit in my kitchen (or loo) to select the award winners. This year, the competition is so tight I don’t want to be the only one deciding who wins what.
- Loose talker of the year – Awarded to the person who has successfully failed to co-ordinate his tongue and brains, in such a manner that anything he/she says is outright dubious, needlessly controversial and/or totally senseless.
- Brofo yedur speaker of the year – Awarded to the person who delivered an unnecessarily large number of verbal scud missiles. This is also known as the Krobo Edusei Memorial Award.
- Konongo Kaya of the year – This is a very special award to recognize the obstinacy of one individual who has decided to take up a job he knows he has neither the qualification nor the competence to accomplish and yet, he refuses to give up the job in question.
- Lazy bones of the year – As the name implies, this is to recognize the country’s most underperforming individual or group of individuals. This is for those who have made the heaviest weather of what we pay them to do, thereby messing up a lot of things for us all. Selecting the winner of this category will not be easy because… well… there are about 22 million incompetent people in the country right now.
- Jack and Jill Story of the year – There are certain stories that made our jaws drop to the ground in utter disbelief. In other words, these are the stories that are best told to little kids in village kindergartens. So the Jack and Jill story of the year award is to recognize the tall tales that should not even be told to the toddlers at Merton Montessori.
- Patapaa of the year – this is to reward the person who doesn’t know that when you are beaten senseless, you can save yourself from further torrential hostilities by throwing in the towel.
- Skin pain campaign of the year – This is in recognition of the most successful ‘ahooyaa’ campaign of the year.
- Fad of the year – Ghanaians tend to be a very ‘copiatus’ bunch. One person does something and everybody else starts doing the same. The ‘fad of the year’ is to recognise our senseless copiatus tendencies.
- Song of the year – This is the track that did not only get us grooving to its beats but also forced us to brood over some pertinent issues.
- Frequent flyer of the year – this award was specially created for just one man. With or without your nomination, he will win it this year too.
Whose idea was it for NPP operatives to go about shedding crocodile tears and apologising for unspecified wrongs? I am hope it isn’t the recommendation of a paid consultant.